Bacillus licheniformis is a gram positive , mesophilic bacteria. It develops mostly in an optimal temperature of 50°C. The optimal temperature for enzyme secretion is 37 °C. It can exist in spore form to resist harsh environments or in a vegetative state when conditions are good.
Benefits of Bacillus Licheniformis:
- - Fermentation of waste feathers to produce cheap and nutritious feather meal to feed livestock.
- - Preventing antibiotic resistant pathogens.
- - Can enhance growth and antioxidant ability.
- - Improved FCR feed conversion ratio.
- - Increase in immune response.
- - Helps in maintaining the water micro-environmental balance.
- - Improves starch digestion.
- - Improves water oxygenation level.
- - Treatment of polluted water by heavy metals.